Winter is finally ending, and the UK has received some hopeful news! According to PM Boris Johnson, there will be several stages to come out of lockdown and if all goes well, regain our freedom by 21st June 2021!
Many people have used this news to start planning their summer and their gardens for outdoor gatherings, but there are some people that are skeptical about the 21st of June 2021, and who can blame them? All we can do for now is hope that each stage of coming out of lockdown goes smoothly.
Businesses have taken this news quite well and started preparing for summer events, including festivals and expos. However, we at Alice Molloy Interiors have had our hands full almost non-stop to start planning anything for the summer, but we are extremely excited to have society return to normal!
For those that are not completely in the loop about England’s stages of coming out of lockdown, here’s a quick summary:
- 8th March 2021: Children returning to school and families/social bubbles can go out for exercise and recreational activities (or with one person from another household)
- 29th March 2021: outdoor gatherings (including private gardens) of up to six people or two households permitted, and outdoor sports facilities are to reopen
- 12th April 2021 at the earliest: non-retail, personal care, public buildings, indoor leisure facilities and most outdoor attractions are to reopen
- 17th May 2021 at the earliest: ease of restrictions on social contact, but no more than thirty people in a single gathering, and most businesses to reopen
- 21st June 2021 at the earliest: almost all lockdown rules to be lifted (including social contact), however large gatherings will still be monitored and may be a little while until all rules are lifted
Now, what does this mean for most of us? Well, to start off, we can start having small gatherings in our gardens from the 29th of March! Even though we are still quite a while away from regaining full freedom, we can at least jazz up the garden and have a good time with a few close people. So, until the time comes when we can start thinking about going abroad, or attending events throughout the summer, get ready to send out a few invites, clean up the tables and chairs, prepare your snacks and drinks, and finally have a fun reunion!
Need some help with making your garden ready for guests? We are happy to help! Simply send us an enquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can.